HP has announced the HP iPAQ hw6900 series Mobile Messenger, a smart device giving customers the ability to instantly receive email wirelessly using new push-email functionality featured in the Messaging and Security Feature Pack for Windows Mobile 5.0. HP iPAQ hw6900 customers can now access and manage business and personal information without the need for additional email middleware software or expenses.
The sleek HP iPAQ hw6900 series gives customers the freedom to choose how they connect by featuring a variety of wireless technologies including wireless voice, high-speed GPRS/EDGE data networking, Wi-Fi, GPS technology and Bluetooth. With both integrated Wi-Fi and GPRS/EDGE technology, the HP iPAQ hw6900 provides users with affordable connectivity, whether in a Wi-Fi hot zone or over a cellular network.
“Busy professionals no longer need to sacrifice connectivity when away from their desk. They can now expand their workspace while on the move with the powerful HP iPAQ Mobile Messenger,” said Nadia Hufkie, iPAQ product manager, HP Personal Systems Group. “With real time, wireless email, voice and fast data access, our customers can get more done and be more mobile with fewer devices to carry.”
Always in the know when on the go
Using new Direct Push Technology in Windows Mobile 5.0, HP iPAQ hw6900 series devices are automatically sent new email, calendar items, tasks or contacts wirelessly.
The Windows Mobile 5.0 operating system creates an improved Outlook Mobile experience, enhanced device and data protection – including the ability to remotely wipe all device data – all without the need for businesses to deploy costly middleware servers and software.
Enhanced device and data protection ensure end-to-end secure, cost-effective mobile messaging solution deployment. With the new Messaging and Security Feature Pack for Windows Mobile 5.0, customers do not need third-party middleware additions and can use their existing Exchange servers for an easily manageable and scalable mobile email solution.
Ideal travel companion with built in navigation
Built-in GPS Navigation provides customers directions at their fingertips – whether they are in the car or on foot. Integrated turn-by-turn navigation to nearby restaurants, hotels, airports, cinemas, petrol stations, museums and many other points of interest make the iPAQ hw6900 the ideal travel companion.
Versatility for both work and play
The HP iPAQ hw6900 delivers a unique combination of wireless technologies and rich productivity and multimedia tools. For customers desiring one single and secure device for all of their business and personal communication needs, the HP iPAQ hw6900 offers the freedom to become more mobile. Key features include:
· Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (Enhanced Data rates for Global Evolution) technology allows for voice and data communication around the world
· Wi-Fi (802.11b) enabling high-speed data rates
· True push email capability: Windows Mobile 5.0 with the Messaging and Security Feature Pack enables HP iPAQ to integrate directly with Microsoft Exchange Server and Small Business Server for a cost-effective messaging solution for businesses both large and small
· Built-in GPS receiver and optional navigation applications and maps for precise driving directions
· Bluetooth technology – communicate with Bluetooth-enabled devices such as headsets and printers and synchronize wirelessly with a PC
· Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 operating system: persistent storage feature to prevent the loss of data even if the battery is removed or drained; easy multimedia synchronisation such as music, video and photos from a PC to iPAQ handheld; and enhanced Microsoft Outlook Mobile software for calendar, contacts, tasks and email features that improve the mobile experience
· Stronger device and data protection: Microsoft Messaging and Security Feature Pack provides remote management and enforcement of IT policies over-the-air; increased access security to Microsoft Exchange using certificate-based authentication to the server that eliminates the need to store corporate login credentials on device; email content protected with support for signing and encrypting with digital certificates
· Integrated keyboard for fast and easy email/message composition
· Built-in1.3 mega-pixel HP Photosmart camera provides high-quality 4”x6” photos and allows for easy sharing