Sunday, July 02, 2006

Gizmodo -- Pocket-sized video projector to use with your portable video player or cellphone

This is a device I realllly reallllllllly reallllllllllllllllllllllllllly wanna get my hands on. I don't watch television, cos I don't like television sets. I love projected images. That's why I have a video projector and a huge screen at home. I'd LOVE to carry one around with me in my pocket. Wow.
-- note by Roy Blumenthal

Explay Nano Projector: It Works!



explay.jpg

Explay, not to be confused with a certain TV show that has seen quite a drop in quality in recent months, has successfully tested their nano-projector engine, a method of safely projecting "always focused" images from mobile devices, such as cellphones and portable media players. It is the first such projector that offers full color in a small, match book-sized body.

The nano-projector engine is powered by a "laser-based diffractive diffractive optical technology" and can project an image size from 7 to 35 inches. Even though the current system is small as it is, Explay expects to release an even smaller version in 2007, raising the question, how small is too small?

Still no word regarding price or release date.

Press Release [Yahoo! Finance via TechEBlog]

Explay


This post comes to you unedited straight outta one of my favourite tech blogs, Gizmodo.

No comments: