Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The new Skype is GREAT!


Let me start by saying that Skype aren't paying a cent for this review. I could only wish.
I have just downloaded the latest update for Skype 3.0 and it rocks. But why, I hear you ask, what makes it so good?

1st, I love the free calls to the whole world at local call prices. No matter what Telkom and the new people try and do, they will NEVER beat those prices. The calls are made with such ease that you simply push a button and it works. I have also just bought a new headset with built-in microphone, so making calls is even easier.
The newest feature that I LOVE is when Skype asked me to import all of my contacts from Outlook. Not only did it do that, but it checked to see if any of those contacts were already on the Skype database. Of the 200 odd people I have on my list, 50 were already on Skype, without me knowing. OK, most of them probably won't use Skype as much as I will, but it's good to know that I can call them for FREE when I have to.

I still have a couple of issues about Skype. Why can't I buy airtime in my local currency? If you can do business in South Africa, then let me pay in South African. Euros and Pounds and Dollars are very confusing. Either that, or work it out for me please.

You can find out more about Skype here or you can contact me on my Skype address.

No comments: