Thursday, January 29, 2015
Enhance your world, get the new maps
TomTom today announces map updates around the globe, increasing coverage and improving features for all business customers. TomTom’s global map database now covers over 44 million kilometres and 4.2 billion people worldwide, and features full navigable coverage for 126 countries.
“TomTom’s global map footprint has expanded with the addition of more than half a million kilometres of road,” said Etienne Louw, General Manager of TomTom Africa. “These updates will support navigation, geocoding and other location-based services.”
Global map enhancements include:
· The launch of navigable, turn-by-turn maps for Albania and Senegal.
· Debut of Pedestrian Maps for Berlin, London, New York, San Francisco, and Toronto featuring pedestrian-specific geometry, such as footpaths, garden paths and forms of way that are not accessible by car.
· Introduction of Address Points to enable better geocoding and navigation in Andorra, Denmark, Hong Kong, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia and Switzerland.
· The Addition of 10 million Address Points across Europe, bringing total regional coverage to 58 million.
· Extension of Voice Maps to 30 million names and over 40 million phonetic transcriptions, resulting in an improved spoken navigation experience.
For more information, visit www.tomtom.com.